Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 265
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onions and celery and cook until translucent, about 10 minutes. Cover the pot and stir often to prevent sticking.
- Add ginger, curry power, bay leaves, salt, and nutmeg to the pot with the vegetables. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute. Add sweet potatoes, stock, rum, and lemon zest and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaves. Pour pineapple juice into the pot and cook until warmed, about 3 minutes.
- Puree soup using a stick blender until smooth. Reheat gently, if necessary. Stir in lime juice. Garnish individual bowls with coconut flakes and cilantro.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use chicken stock if you are not following a vegetarian or vegan diet.
- To toast shredded coconut, spread it on an unoiled baking sheet and toast at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a standard oven or a toaster oven for 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Feel free to use grated orange peel in place of lemon zest, orange juice instead of pineapple j juice, and lemon juice in place of lime juice, and scallions in place of cilantro.
Per Serving: 265 calories; 14.6 30.5 3.7 0 503 Full nutrition