Matcha Green Tea Pancake
4 made it | 0 reviews |
"A delicious pancake infused with matcha green tea flavor to give your breakfast a colorful Japanese flair! These pancakes are a vibrant color, so flipping them earlier will prevent them from browning as much and will maintain the bright green exterior. Serve with powdered sugar or whipped cream."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 116
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 pancakes)
- Place matcha powder in a bowl and slowly add boiling water while whisking continuously until tea is frothy and matcha is fully incorporated. Refrigerate or set aside to cool.
- Mix milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract together in a large mixing bowl. Beat egg into the wet ingredients.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Sift into another bowl.
- Whisk cooled tea mixture into the milk mixture. Add sifted flour mixture to the milk mixture and mix batter thoroughly.
- Heat a lightly buttered frying pan or griddle over medium heat, but do not let it smoke. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook until small bubbles are visible near the center of the pancake, 1 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook on the second side 1 to 3 minutes more.
You might also like
Per Serving: 116 calories; 4.4 15.9 2.9 31 224 Full nutrition