Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 15 m servings 353
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place the dried chiles into a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until chiles are softened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour chile sauce mixture into a blender. Add garlic, onion slice, pepper, oregano, cumin, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- Layer chopped onions in the bottom of a slow cooker. Place chuck roast over onions and add bay leaves. Pour the chile sauce on top. Cook on High until beef is tender enough to shred with a fork, about 5 hours.
- Remove beef from the sauce. Continue cooking sauce until is reduced, 35 to 45 minutes. Add beef back in and season with salt.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use 10 to 12 mild dried chiles of any variety (California, pasilla, ancho, guajillo, New Mexico, puya).
Per Serving: 353 calories; 23.1 11.4 24.8 90 83 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I used 11 guajillo chilies and boiled then simmered them and the bay leaves in about 6 cups of beef broth. I place all in the blender including the onion till smooth. Cut a 5lbs pork shoulder ...