Skinny Cowboy Turkey Chili
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is the best white chili variation, and it is healthier than most. This won first prize at our company chili cook-off. The other contestants were mad when they learned how easy the recipe is and that I had prepared it an hour before the competition. I make a double batch and fill a gallon-sized zip-top bag and freeze for great leftovers."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 308
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Cook and stir turkey in a skillet until browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute corn, celery, onion, and garlic in the hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add ground turkey. Stir in tomatoes, salsa, chicken broth, chili powder, cilantro, cayenne, Creole seasoning, cumin, and oregano. Simmer over medium-low heat until flavors combine, about 30 minutes.
- Add beans to the pot and simmer for 15 minutes. Add Cheddar cheese and stir until completely melted.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use your favorite low-fat cheese.
- Control heat by using mild or hot salsa and by adjusting the amount of cayenne. I use mild salsa and omit the cayenne and my kids love it.
Per Serving: 308 calories; 9.8 33.5 24.3 46 872 Full nutrition