Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 588
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 pears)
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add lemon juice and pears and let sit for 2 minutes. Remove pears from the hot water 1 at a time and carefully peel, leaving stem intact.
- Combine wine, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and star anise in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Rinse pears and add to the boiling wine mixture. Use a plate on top of pears to keep them submerged. Simmer until a knife very easily pierces the pears, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and allow pears to cool in the wine mixture.
- Serve pears in a bowl, either whole or sliced and cored.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Rather than boiling, you can peel pears with a vegetable peeler, leaving stem on, and place in lemon water to prevent browning. Try this recipe with white wine if you prefer. You could even use water or milk.
- You can use 1 vanilla bean pod in place of the extract, and you can replace the ground cinnamon with 1 cinnamon stick.
Per Serving: 588 calories; 0.2 129.5 0.7 0 10 Full nutrition