Turkey-Stuffed Acorn Squash
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 493
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 squash halves)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Slice a small disc off the bottom of each squash half; this will give you a flat surface for serving. Brush butter over the flesh. Place squash cut-sides down on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender when pierced with a knife, about 45 minutes.
- While squash is baking, mix turkey, Cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onions, green chiles, olives, garlic salt, cumin, pepper, and paprika in a bowl. Set aside.
- Stuff cooked squash halves with equal amounts of the turkey filling.
- Return to the oven and bake until filling is heated through, 15 to 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- This recipe adapts easily to ethnic flavors by using different meat, cheese, and spice mixtures. You can use ground turkey or chicken instead.
- Using fat-free sour cream and cheese cuts back the calorie count. Substitute plain yogurt for the sour cream if preferred.
Per Serving: 493 calories; 26.8 31.8 34.8 113 1279 Full nutrition