Vegan Banh Mi
4 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 583
Original recipe yields 2 servings (2 bowls)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Warm Worcestershire sauce, tamari, water, mushroom, black bean paste, shallot, garlic clove, and seaweed in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and let cool. Drain sauce and discard the solids.
- Place tempeh in a bowl and pour 1/3 cup of the sauce on top. Marinate for 20 minutes, turning tempeh over halfway.
- Remove 1 teaspoon of the tempeh marinade and whisk together with vegan mayo and sriracha in a separate bowl. Refrigerate until needed.
- Arrange baguette pieces on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on top. Toss and arrange bread into a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn bread and cook until browned, about 8 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place the tempeh on the baking sheet; reserve the liquid. Bake for 10 minutes, basting with some of the reserved marinade halfway through. Flip tempeh; bake, basting again, for 10 minutes more.
- Cut tempeh into cubes. Arrange the bread, tempeh, jalapeno slices, pickled daikon, carrot, cucumber, and cilantro into serving bowls. Top with sriracha mayo.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Nori, kombu, or wakame are all types of seaweed that work here.
- Regular soy sauce may be substituted for tamari, if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 583 calories; 28.6 57.3 27.4 0 5991 Full nutrition