Fresh Spinach Gratin
7 made it | 0 reviews |
Soup Loving Nicole
"Fresh spinach and Swiss cheese combine in this gratin that is perfect for the holidays. No more hand cramping from squeezing frozen spinach. With the exception of the breadcrumb topping, this can be done a day ahead to save time on the big day. You will just need to allow an additional 30 minutes of cook time."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 240
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme. Sprinkle flour over onion mixture and cook until a thick paste forms, about 1 minute.
- Place spinach in a large soup pot and cover. Heat on low until spinach begins to wilt, about 4 minutes. Turn heat off and add half-and-half, 1 cup Swiss cheese, and the onion mixture. Stir to combine and transfer to a 9-inch gratin dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and remaining 1/2 cup cheese in a bowl. Pour melted butter over the top and stir to combine. Evenly spread breadcrumb mixture over the spinach.
- Bake in the preheated oven uncovered for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 240 calories; 16 15.2 10.5 41 515 Full nutrition