Grandma Bettie's Light Fruit Cake
8 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients14 d 1 h 45 m servings 429
Original recipe yields 20 servings (2 loaves)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line two loaf pans with parchment paper.
- Coat cherries, raisins, almonds, and pineapple with 1 cup flour.
- Beat sugar, butter, and eggs together until creamy. Sift remaining flour with baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture; stir in vanilla and almond extracts. Fold in the fruit and almond mixture. Spoon batter into the prepared pans and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Wrap cakes tightly and let age in a cool place for 2 to 4 weeks.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Both dried and candied fruit will work.
- You may also use one round 9x4-inch pan.
Per Serving: 429 calories; 19.4 59.4 6.3 92 187 Full nutrition