Vegan Chili Cheese Fries
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 468
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Wash potatoes and remove any discoloration or eyes. Do not peel. Slice evenly into shoestring-style fries or use a French fry cutter. Put the fries into a large bowl and rinse with cool water until water runs clear. Cover fries with 1 inch of water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Place TVP in a bowl. Cover with hot vegetable broth.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, and celery; cook and stir until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in garlic. Add the TVP and broth. Stir in tomatoes, drained beans, molasses, chili powder, oregano, cumin, paprika, smoked salt, and pepper. Simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat an air fryer to 320 degrees F (160 degrees C). Drain the soaked potatoes and dry with a clean towel. Place them back in the bowl, drizzle in 1 tablespoon olive oil, and toss to coat.
- Cook in the air fryer, untouched, for 18 minutes. Shake and cook for 6 minutes. Shake again and cook for another 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine vegan Cheddar, soy milk, and vegan butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 360W for 30 seconds. Stir and check the consistency. Add more soy milk and microwave for another 30 seconds, if needed. Stir briskly to create a creamy sauce.
- Place the fries on a large platter. Top with chili. Pour the faux cheese sauce over the chili. Top with onion, jalapeno rings, and cilantro.
You might also like
Per Serving: 468 calories; 15.6 66.4 18.9 0 1245 Full nutrition