1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 304
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 muffins)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For best results, use paper baking cups in a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Cook sausage in a frying pan over medium-high heat, breaking into small crumbles, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain the sausage, reserving the fat. Place sausage into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour olive oil into the pan with the sausage fat. Add onion and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add celery and apple and cook for about 4 minutes, or until soft and translucent, scraping the bottom of the pan to release any crispy bits of food. Stir in the seasonings and sausage crumbles; stir for about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix broth and eggs together with a whisk until blended.
- Add the stuffing, egg mixture, and onion-sausage mixture back into the large bowl. Mix well, taking care not to overwork the cornbread stuffing.
- Spoon stuffing mixture into the muffin cups. Gently press the stuffing into the cups and form rounded tops. A large ice cream scoop works great to pack the stuffing into the cups.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked throughout. Remove from muffin tin and place on a cooling rack for a couple of minutes before serving. You can remove the paper liner prior to serving if desired.
You might also like
Per Serving: 304 calories; 8.4 46.6 10.9 39 1600 Full nutrition