Dethbert's Pear Pie
"I've made these pies 4 or 5 times at this point, and I still can't decide if they are merely interesting or the greatest thing ever. I will update this after the 10th making. If you are unfamiliar with pears, read up on them. Usually they need to ripen for several days once they've been purchased from the store."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 437
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 pies)
- Sift flour, sugar, and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir grated Cheddar cheese into the flour mixture using a fork. Stir in butter using a wide spoon until mixture becomes crumbly. Set topping mixture aside at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place pie crusts in their tins onto a baking sheet to catch drips; place crusts 1 inch apart.
- Sift sugar, cornstarch, and salt into a small bowl. Place pears in a large mixing bowl. When oven is hot, sprinkle sugar mixture over pears and stir to combine. Pour filling evenly into the 2 pie crusts. Divide topping mixture in half and add to the top of each pie in 4 to 6 dollops; use a wide knife to spread evenly.
- Bake on the middle rack of the preheated oven for about 18 minutes; the pears will produce a lot of liquid and will bubble over. Check pies and cover with aluminum foil if crust or topping is getting dark. Bake about 7 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also use sharp Cheddar cheese.
Per Serving: 437 calories; 23.9 52.1 6.3 45 397 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1