0 made it | 0 reviews |
"A cross between a scone and a crumpet, these easy to make biscuits will be the star of any meal, and you'll love that you don't need to heat up an oven. I searched for years before finding a bacon and cheese version of this recipe, which I modified to make this plain version that I love. When I finally found it I was amazed at how easy these are to make!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 173
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 scrumpets)
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Beat milk, eggs, and melted butter together in another bowl; stir into the flour mixture with a few strokes. Handle dough as little as possible.
- Scrape the dough out onto a generously floured surface. Dip your fingers in flour and pat dough into a circle about 1/2-inch thick. Cut into 4-inch rounds to form the scrumpets.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Frying pan should be greased very lightly, preferably with butter. Fill pan with some scrumpets and immediately reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn, lower the heat, and cook for 5 minutes more. Cook remaining scrumpets and serve warm.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1 cup milk with 3/4 cup water if desired.
- If you are like me and put the butter in the microwave while you are measuring out dry ingredients you may want to crack the eggs directly in the dry ingredients to avoid cooking them in the hot melted butter.
Per Serving: 173 calories; 6.7 23.6 4.4 46 293 Full nutrition