Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 388
- Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat and add bacon. Cook until crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside to cool.
- Add beef to the soup pot and flatten with a spatula. Cook until bottom is browned, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook other side, about 5 minutes more. Add broth, Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, pickles, tomato paste, steak sauce, mustard, onion powder, chili powder, and black pepper. Mix well to combine, breaking meat into smaller pieces.
- Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Cover and cook soup for 25 minutes more.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls. Divide lettuce between bowls and fold into soup. Crumble 1 slice of cooked bacon into each bowl and garnish with tomatoes and red onion.
- Cook's Note:
- Be sure to choose a low-carb, keto-friendly steak sauce.
Per Serving: 388 calories; 27.1 7.8 28.2 103 729 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was just ok. It tasted kind of like a cheeseburger but the lettuce and veggies just did not stay crisp at all despite being added right at serving time. I also think the soup was just way ...
I didn’t worry about pushing the meat down into the bottom of the pan, I just browned it and went from there. This was such a good soup!
I added garlic, and left off the bacon and lettuce. It was not a big hit with my kids unfortunately. I liked it, but most likely will not make it again since I would be the only one who ate it.