Ingredients2 h servings 504
- Combine Baileys and 1 cup chocolate chips in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until chocolate is melted and smooth. Let stand to cool and thicken slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, microwave 1/2 cup chocolate chips in 20-second bursts, stirring between bursts, until melted and smooth, 1 to 2 minutes total. Repeat process with the butterscotch.
- Dip pretzels and potato chips in the 1/2 cup melted chocolate. Let cool briefly until dry and dip in the butterscotch. Transfer to 1 baking sheet. Sprinkle with coffee. Let the pretzels and potato chips stand until the chocolate and butterscotch set, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a muffin tin.
- Mix cake mix, water, eggs, and oil together in a large bowl until moistened. Pour batter into muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven according to package directions or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Gently remove the cupcakes from the muffin tin; transfer to a wire rack set in a baking sheet and let cool.
- Holding each cupcake by the bottom half, dip the top in the glaze and return to the rack. Alternatively, spoon the glaze over the cupcakes. Top with the pretzels and potato chips.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute chopped semisweet chocolate for the chocolate chips and caramel chips for the butterscotch, if desired.
Per Serving: 504 calories; 21.6 67 5.5 46 591 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
We absolutely loved these! Chocolate indulgence with the luxurious taste of Baileys! Made exact to the recipe and they came out great. Will make again and will use the Baileys Glaze on top to cl...
I chose to sub Bailey's for the water in the batter, as suggested by another reviewer. The cake is pretty good but the glaze is amazingly delicious! I could eat it by the spoonful and actually I...
I changed the cake mix recipe. I wanted the cupcakes to also reflect Bailey’s so I replaced 1/4 cup water with Bailey’s. I also added in 1 tsp Hershey’s extra dark cocoa. I also added in 3 choco...
I substituted 1/4 cup Baileys + water in the cake mix as suggested in a review. Also, I used caramel morsels instead of butterscotch morsels. I froze the chips/pretzels with the chocolate dip fo...
Great chocolate flavor and the Bailey's glaze was a perfect complement! The butterscotch chips did not melt well and were too thick. I added a tiny amount of butter and a splash of heavy cream...
These were good but I think next time I would follow others' suggestions and use ridged potato chips and add Bailey's to the cake itself (I bet coffee would be good in that cake also!).
The recipe does not suggest ridged potato chips, but I certainly do! I don't believe a regular chip could hold up to the double dip. The butterscotch morsels lacked the flow of the chocolate, ...
Very Tasty Cupcakes! You can really taste the hint of Baileys in the glaze, and they were even better the following day. The chips and pretzels were a little hard to dip, so I used a spatula t...