Dairy-Free Honey Pumpkin Pie
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 10 m servings
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, mix flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut shortening into flour until texture is crumbly. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of the almondmilk over mixture and mix with fork until mixture comes together in a ball. If necessary, sprinkle a little more almondmilk over the mixture.
- Sprinkle a little flour over a 12-inch square of waxed paper. Place ball of dough in center; pat into disc. Sprinkle with flour and top with another square of waxed paper. Roll very thinly into 12-inch circle. Remove top piece of waxed paper and turn crust upside down over a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Fit into pie plate and remove waxed paper. Crimp edges.
- To make the filling, beat the rest of the ingredients and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt with electric mixer on low speed in a large bowl until well-mixed. Pour into crust.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Cover edges of crust with strips of foil to keep from over-browning, if necessary. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Store in refrigerator.
You might also like
- Nutritional Analysis per serving: Calories 340, Calories from Fat 140, Total Fat 15g (23% DV), Saturated Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 280mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates 48g (16% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 29g, Protein 6g, Vitamin A 130%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 8%, Iron 10%.