Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 562
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir cake mix, butter, and 1 egg together in a large mixing bowl until no lumps remain. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Blend remaining eggs, cream cheese, and vanilla extract together in a bowl using an electric hand mixer. Add sweet potatoes and continue mixing on medium speed until most of the lumps are gone. Stir confectioners' sugar in slowly, 1 cup at a time, until the mixture is smooth and batter-like in consistency. Pour batter into the baking dish, on top of the first layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top just barely jiggles, 50 to 55 minutes.
- Cool cake at least 30 minutes before cutting. Keep a cup of warm water nearby to dip knife into while slicing, to prevent sticking.
Per Serving: 562 calories; 20.6 90.2 6.1 88 447 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Forgot cream cheese until the end. I will make it again the right way next.
This was a real winner with my family -- I made this along with the monkey bread for mother's day! Both were a real big hit and they both smelled so GOOD!!!