Ghirardelli Chocolate-Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
"Peanut butter and chocolate meet here with the elevated--but easy!--upgrade of a rich, chocolaty ganache center. Soft on the inside and slightly crisp on the outside, this delicious treat creates a melt-in-your-mouth experience that's perfect for a cookie swap, teachers' gifts, or to treat your neighbors. Or keep all to yourself and serve with vanilla ice cream."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 35 m servings 90
Original recipe yields 108 servings (9 dozen)
- Prepare the Cookies: Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter with a heavy-duty stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment on medium speed until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until incorporated after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating on low speed just until blended and smooth. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop dough into balls using a 1-inch cookie scoop (about 1/2 tablespoon); place 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press your thumb or the end of a wooden spoon into center of each ball, forming an indentation. Keep unused dough chilled while baking cookies.
- Bake, in batches, in preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 11 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes; transfer to wire racks. Lightly press your thumb into indentations again while cookies are warm to reinforce shape. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Prepare the Filling: Place first bag of Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips, heavy cream, and butter in a medium-size microwaveable bowl, and microwave on medium (50% power) until melted and smooth, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Transfer filling to a piping bag or a heavy-duty zip-top bag with 1/2 inch snipped from 1 corner.
- Pipe filling into indentation in each cookie, about 1 teaspoon per cookie. Press 3 Ghirardelli Grand Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips onto the filling of each cookie. Let stand until chocolate filling is firm, about 1 hour.
You might also like
Per Serving: 90 calories; 5.2 11.1 1.3 9 38 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1