Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings
Original recipe yields 12 servings (2 9-inch round cakes)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans. Line bottoms with rounds of waxed paper or parchment; grease paper. Flour pans.
- In large bowl, mix 2 1/4 cups flour, sugar, cocoa, and baking soda with electric mixer on low speed. Add all remaining cake ingredients. Mix on low speed. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Divide batter evenly between pans. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Run knife around edges to loosen. Remove to cooling racks and cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small saucepan, whisk 1/3 cup flour into almondmilk until smooth. Cook and whisk over medium-low heat until thick and bubbly. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat buttery sticks and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add small spoonfuls of the flour mixture and beat until blended. Scrape sides; add vanilla. Beat on high speed until thick and creamy.
- Place 1 cake layer on cake plate, rounded side down. Spread frosting over cake. Top with second layer, rounded side up. Frost top and sides of cake. Store covered in refrigerator.
You might also like
- Nutritional Analysis per serving: Calories 610, Calories from Fat 350, Total Fat 39g (60% DV), Saturated Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 3.5g, Cholesterol 45mg (15% DV), Sodium 510mg (21% DV), Carbohydrates 63g (21% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 43g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The frosting was delicious! The cake was OK. I followed the recipe to a T---But, we thought it had a funny after taste. I will try another red velvet cake recipe next time.