Easy Breeze Sugar Cookies
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings
Original recipe yields 48 servings (4 dozen cookies)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, beat 1 cup shortening, 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, scraping sides of bowl if necessary. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cream of tartar. Mix on low speed until well mixed. Add 2 tablespoons of the Almondmilk and beat until smooth.
- Form into 1 1/4-inch balls, using rounded tablespoonfuls of dough. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Place 3 to 4 tablespoons granulated sugar in small bowl. Spray flat bottom of measuring cup or drinking glass with cooking spray; dip in sugar. Press each cookie flat, dipping into sugar every other time.
- If desired, lightly brush tops of cookies with remaining Almondmilk and sprinkle with colored decorator sugar or sprinkles, or leave plain and frost when cooled.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges start to brown. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove to cooling racks.
- In large bowl, beat powdered sugar, 3/4 cup shortening, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of the Almondmilk with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, adding Almondmilk for desired spreading consistency. Tint as desired with food coloring.
You might also like
- Nutritional Analysis per cookie: Calories 160, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 8g (12% DV), Saturated Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg (3% DV), Sodium 35mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates 21g (7% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 16g, Protein < 1g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.