Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Mini Banana Loaves
"These moist and tender loaves boasts a fine, pound cake-like crumb. The flavor is distinctly banana-forward with a bit of tang from the cream cheese. The addition of chocolate adds a decadent, gift-worthy note. We've offered instructions for both traditionally sized and miniature loaves for gifting. Pro tip: Though it may be hard to hold off, allow loaves to fully cool before cutting for optimal texture."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 466
Original recipe yields 15 servings (5 3x5-inch mini loaves)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese and butter with a heavy-duty stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Gradually add granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating on low speed just until blended. Stir in mashed bananas and 1 1/3 cups of the Ghirardelli Grand Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips.
- Divide batter evenly among five 3x 5-inch mini loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Top batter with remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips (about 14 or 15 chips per pan).
- Bake in preheated oven until deep golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 44 minutes. If necessary, cover loaves with aluminum foil after 30 minutes to prevent over-browning.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely, about 1 hour.
You might also like
- Test Kitchen Tip:
- For two 4 1/2x8 1/2-inch loaf pans: Butter and flour pans. Prepare batter and divide evenly between pans. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees F until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 55 to 65 minutes, shielding with aluminum foil for the last 15 minutes to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely, about 1 hour.
Per Serving: 466 calories; 21 68 5 66 234 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
The recipe was simple to follow and tasted amazing! The bread was the perfect amount of moist, without being soggy. The large chocolate chips were great, which added a good amount of chocolate f...