Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 398
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 8x5-inch loaf)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter and flour an 8x5-inch loaf pan.
- Sift 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour, cornstarch, and baking soda together into a bowl.
- Mix soy milk and vinegar together in a small bowl. Let stand until curdled.
- Beat coconut oil in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until creamy. Add sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium-low and beat in eggs one at a time. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Stir in soy milk and vanilla on low speed. Add the flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, mixing on low speed until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack on its side and cool for about 10 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, and lemon juice in a small bowl to make glaze. Add more sugar or milk to reach the desired consistency.
- Remove cake from the loaf pan. Drizzle glaze on top. Sprinkle coconut flakes evenly over the top.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Mixing cornstarch with the flours acts as a substitute for cake flour.
Per Serving: 398 calories; 14.6 63.4 6 56 46 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1