Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 575
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)).
- Combine sugar, butter, and shortening in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat until light yellow in color. Add eggs one at a time, mixing in each completely before adding the next. Mix in 1/3 of the flour, then 1/2 of the milk and water. Repeat with remaining flour, milk, and water, mixing completely between each addition. Add vanilla extract. Mix for 1 minute more.
- Pour batter into the prepared tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack.
- Cook's Notes:
- I use a Bundt® pan but you can also use 2 loaf pans.
- You can also 5 fluid ounces evaporated milk and 3 fluid ounces water.
- For a chocolate pound cake, add 1/2 cup cocoa with the flour.
Per Serving: 575 calories; 27.1 77.2 7 121 150 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Wow!!! This cake had my house smelling amazing!!! A simple cake with such an amazing flavor. It crisped up very well on the outside. The Hubby wants it coated in frosting. The Boys want it cut u...
It was terrific! I added a 1/2 pack of vanilla instant pudding mix which made it a little less heavier than most pound cakes and it also made it moist. I frosted it with red, orange, yellow an...
Yes I used three sticks of butter and tablespoon of the chriscoe...
This is the 3rd pound cake recipe and by far the best. We served it to friends, and they loved it also. We served it with strawberries on top and - wow. Delicious!
I made this cake in the shape of a cup cake for my daughters birthday. It was a hit! I certainly will follow this recipe again.