Ingredients55 m servings 482
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Unroll puff pastry onto a baking sheet. Score edges at 1/4-inch intervals using a paring knife or press edges using a fork. Return pastry to the freezer until you're ready to use it.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add bacon and cook until crisp around the edges but stiff soft in the center, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add onions, mushrooms, and thyme. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt to help vegetables release water. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables begin to wilt and most of the water has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with black pepper to taste. Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a platter.
- Place ricotta cheese in a bowl. Beat in egg yolk and remaining oil until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper. Spread ricotta mixture to within 1/2-inch of the edges of the puff pastry. Sprinkle Gruyere cheese on top, then cover with mushroom mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is golden brown and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 482 calories; 36.6 24.4 14.7 73 372 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was very good. I mixed some garlic powder into both the onion mixture and the ricotta mixture, as well as mixing some black pepper, salt, and a tsp of honey into the ricotta. I used two s...
I think the mushroom mixture and the ricotta were bland. I would add more spices if I make again.