Leftover Salmon Melt
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 272
Original recipe yields 10 servings (10 open-faced melts)
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Let cool slightly.
- Mix onion and garlic with salmon, mayonnaise, capers, lemon juice, mustard, and parsley until combined. Season with more salt and pepper as desired.
- Slice baguette on a bias into 10 or 12 pieces. Place slices on a baking sheet.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, watching closely that they don't burn. Top bread with the salmon mixture. Add a slice or two of tomatoes to each. Sprinkle mozzarella, Swiss, and Parmesan cheese on top.
- Broil until cheese is melted and golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Instead of broiling, you can bake this at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for a little longer.
- Substitute olive oil for the butter if desired.
- Use any variety of cheese you prefer (mozzarella, Parmesan, Swiss, provolone, Monterey Jack, Cheddar, etc.).
Per Serving: 272 calories; 11.7 28.2 13.8 28 505 Full nutrition