Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Brownies
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 570
Original recipe yields 9 servings (9 brownies)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper, allowing about 1 inch of paper to extend over opposite sides of pan; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and 1 1/3 cups chocolate baking chips on medium (50% power) for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and combined. Whisk in sugar until grainy. Whisk in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture until just combined. Fold in half the peppermint bark. Pour mixture into the prepared pan; smooth the top.
- Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Lift brownies from pan using parchment as handles and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Set cooling rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Place remaining 1/3 cup chocolate baking chips in a medium glass bowl. Warm cream in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until steaming, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips. Let stand for 2 minutes; whisk until smooth.
- Pour over brownies and spread to the edges with a small offset spatula. Sprinkle evenly with remaining peppermint bark. Before serving, let stand or refrigerate until glaze sets.
You might also like
- Test Kitchen Tip:
- If you don't have the Peppermint Bark with Dark Chocolate bars, feel free to substitute with 16 Peppermint Bark Squares.
Per Serving: 570 calories; 38.1 56.7 7.5 105 194 Full nutrition