Spaghetti alla Gricia
Ingredients25 m servings 875
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally.
- While pasta cooks, immediately heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add guanciale and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add 1 ladle of pasta cooking water, stir, and cover pan. As pasta cooks, add another ladle of cooking water to the pan with the guanciale to create a sauce.
- At about 10 minutes of pasta cooking time, reserve a cup of cooking water and drain pasta. Add spaghetti to the pan with the guanciale; toss, adding reserved cooking water if necessary. Turn off heat. Add 1/3 the Pecorino Romano cheese to the pasta and toss until creamy.
- Divide pasta between 4 plates. Top each with remaining Pecorino Romano cheese and black pepper. Serve immediately.
- Cook's Note:
- If you cannot find guanciale, you can use pancetta instead.
Per Serving: 875 calories; 46.9 85.7 25.2 73 276 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made this with pancetta. My family loved it. I will make it again. This is a very easy dish.
This looks delicious! I am a lover of Italian food. Maybe garlic and olive oil aren't authentic, but they are delicious in meals. Sometimes putting your own twist on Italian food is the way to ...