Spaghetti alla Gricia
Ingredients25 m servings 875
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally.
- While pasta cooks, immediately heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add guanciale and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add 1 ladle of pasta cooking water, stir, and cover pan. As pasta cooks, add another ladle of cooking water to the pan with the guanciale to create a sauce.
- At about 10 minutes of pasta cooking time, reserve a cup of cooking water and drain pasta. Add spaghetti to the pan with the guanciale; toss, adding reserved cooking water if necessary. Turn off heat. Add 1/3 the Pecorino Romano cheese to the pasta and toss until creamy.
- Divide pasta between 4 plates. Top each with remaining Pecorino Romano cheese and black pepper. Serve immediately.
- Cook's Note:
- If you cannot find guanciale, you can use pancetta instead.
Per Serving: 875 calories; 46.9 85.7 25.2 73 276 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made this with pancetta. My family loved it. I will make it again. This is a very easy dish.
This looks delicious! I am a lover of Italian food. Maybe garlic and olive oil aren't authentic, but they are delicious in meals. Sometimes putting your own twist on Italian food is the way to ...
It was pretty good. A little salty for my tastes, but I had to use Pancetta...and Pancetta is always very salty to me. My friend I shared it with absolutely loved it.