Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms
7 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 89
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 mushrooms)
- Soak cashews in water for 1 to 2 hours. Drain.
- Blend cashews with 1 cup water until creamy. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons more water if needed to blend well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems and reserve the caps. Chop stems very finely, discarding tough ends.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped mushroom stems and garlic to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Stir cashew cream, nutritional yeast, salt, black pepper, onion powder, and cayenne pepper into the cooled mushroom mixture. Use a little spoon to fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under the caps, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 89 calories; 6.6 5.5 3.7 0 198 Full nutrition