Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 2 h 25 m servings 401
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 loaf cake)
- Put raisins, golden raisins, cranberries, and cherries in a bowl. Pour rum and orange juice over the dried fruit. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter a loaf pan.
- Whisk brown rice flour, almond meal, potato and tapioca starches, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, and ginger together in a bowl. Set aside 3 tablespoons of this mixture. Add baking powder to the larger portion; mix well.
- Combine orange zest, dates, figs, and 1/4 cup candied fruit in a bowl. Sprinkle in 2 tablespoons of the reserved flour mixture and toss to coat.
- Beat butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until creamy. Mix in vanilla. Add eggs one by one, beating after each addition. Mix in applesauce.
- Drain the dried fruit, reserving the soaking liquid. Add drained fruit to the fig mixture and toss with remaining 1 tablespoon reserved flour mixture.
- Mix soaking liquid into the butter mixture. Gradually add flour, stirring just until combined; do not overmix. Fold in hazelnuts, walnut halves, and pecan halves.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Decorate the top with almonds and candied fruit slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Reduce oven temperature to 290 degrees F (145 degrees C). Continue baking until browned on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from pan. Brush cherry brandy on top. Let cake rest 24 hours for best results.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use 1 cup of any mixed dried fruits you like (raisins, sultans, cranberries, goji berries, cherries, etc.)
- Use 3/4 cup of any raw, unsalted nuts you like (walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, etc.)
- Many gluten-free mixes contain high percentages of starches and additives that can make the cake gummy. Therefore, I have chosen the flours to ensure a dense cake that isn't gritty or gummy.
Per Serving: 401 calories; 20.4 45 5.1 58 133 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1