Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients7 h 50 m servings 345
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and scraped vanilla bean seeds in a bowl.
- Combine 3/4 of the cream and 1/2 of the brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer over low heat.
- Combine remaining cream, remaining sugar, egg yolks, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and nutmeg in a second bowl and stir until sugar has dissolved. Pour in hot cream mixture, 2 tablespoons at a time, stirring constantly until combined.
- Pour mixture into the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Simmer until mixture thickens and no longer drips off the spatula.
- Remove from heat and pass through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Set bowl into a larger bowl filled with ice water. Stir constantly until cooled.
- Stir in pumpkin puree mixture. Cover surface with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or up to 1 day.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- You can roast or slow-cook your pumpkin to make puree. Try this recipe for homemade Pumpkin Puree.
Per Serving: 345 calories; 24.9 28.8 3.3 210 127 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1