Avocado Ricotta Crostini
"When I saw avocado and ricotta cheese being combined on a menu recently, I was intrigued. Not enough to order it, but enough to buy the ingredients for this homemade version! I found this to be a very delicious combination that was sort of unusual, and yet familiar, at the same time. These beauties would make for a great appetizer or snack in time for the height of entertaining season. Start spreading the news!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 160
Original recipe yields 10 servings (10 appetizer-sized portions)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat. Add baguette slices in a single layer and drizzle olive oil on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and crunchy, about 25 minutes. Let crostini cool completely.
- Halve and pit avocado. Scoop flesh out into a bowl and add ricotta cheese. Mash together using a potato masher until as smooth or chunky as you like. Add lemon juice, basil, salt, and cayenne; mix together, taste, and add more salt if needed. Spread mixture over the cooled crostini.
- Garnish crostini with tomatoes and radishes. Add a few drops of olive oil; sprinkle sea salt and chives on top.
You might also like
- Chef's Notes:
- Feel free to incorporate the zest of the lemon as well.
- I did roughly equal parts cheese and avocado, but of course you can play around with this ratio, depending on your mood. The same goes for the garnishes, where any number of fresh or pickled seasonal vegetables would work wonderfully, as would a scattering of crispy bacon.
Per Serving: 160 calories; 5.9 23.6 4.9 0 302 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These were really yummy but not very presentable. The avocado turns brown fast.