Harvest Turkey Brine
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 1 h 15 m servings 477
Original recipe yields 20 servings (1 11-pound turkey)
- Combine chicken stock, vegetable stock, and with wine in a large pot. Toss in apples, oranges, lemons, pear, garlic, and onion. Tie rosemary, thyme, and sage together with kitchen twine; add to the pot. Stir in 1 cup water, salt, sugar, dried peppers, vegetable flakes, peppercorns, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil; stir to dissolve salt and sugar.
- Remove brine from heat and let cool to room temperature. Store in the refrigerator.
- Combine brine with 1 gallon of heavily iced water 1 to 2 days before serving the turkey. Place thawed turkey in an extra-large turkey bag and pour in enough brine to cover completely. Refrigerate.
- Remove turkey from the brine and rinse inside and out with cold water. Discard brine and start cooking.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of brine ingredients. The actual amount of brine consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 477 calories; 20.5 15.1 52 170 3531 Full nutrition