Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 606
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 dumplings)
- Unroll crescent rolls and lay flat on a work surface. Cut sweet potato patties in half. Roll 1 half-patty in a crescent roll, stretching dough to cover patty completely and make a dumpling. Repeat with remaining patties and rolls.
- Place walnuts in a plate. Dip dumplings into nuts, pressing down to coat the top. Place coated dumplings in a 9x12-inch glass baking dish, nut-side up.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Combine water, sugar, margarine, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat just until sugar and margarine are dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour sauce over dumplings in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- This can be easily halved. I also have made these appetizer-sized by cutting the crescent rolls in half and quartering the potatoes to yield 32 pieces.
- Feel free to use any nuts you like.
Per Serving: 606 calories; 36.7 61.5 5.2 0 449 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1