Chorizo and Sweet Potato Dumplings with Peach Thai Chili Sauce
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 541
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chorizo in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool.
- Drain sweet potatoes, mash, and let cool until safe to handle, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine mashed sweet potatoes, chorizo, Cheddar cheese, and cilantro to make the filling. Set up a prep area for dumplings, including a tray to cool them on and a bowl of water to fasten them.
- Place 2 teaspoons of filling onto a wonton wrapper, wet the outside edge, and seal. Place dumpling on the tray. Repeat with remaining filling and wonton wrappers. Refrigerate dumplings for 30 minutes before sealing in a zip-top bag to freeze.
- Combine peach jam, Thai chili sauce, and cilantro to make the dipping sauce.
- To cook the dumplings from frozen, first heat oil in a pan over medium- to medium-high heat. Add dumplings and a little water; pan-fry until heated through, 10 to 12 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use any cheese you like.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of dipping sauce. The actual amount of sauce consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 541 calories; 21 70.7 17.6 50 1153 Full nutrition