Leftover Turkey Soup with Rosemary Parmesan Dumplings
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 30 m servings 246
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place turkey carcass in large slow cooker and cover with broth, water, and lemon juice. Add carrots, celery, onion, parsley, bay leaves, garlic, pepper, thyme, poultry seasoning, oregano, dill, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Cook on High for 4 hours. Remove carcass from soup, separate meat from bones. Return meat to the slow cooker and discard bones. Continue cooking on High for 4 hours more.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil 30 minutes before serving. In the meantime, combine flour, Parmesan cheese, baking powder, and rosemary in a bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly. Add enough milk to create a thick batter that pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of dumpling batter into the boiling water. Reduce heat to low and let simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Serve cooked dumplings on top of the turkey soup.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The turkey can easily be replaced with chicken.
Per Serving: 246 calories; 10.8 29.4 7.9 18 1929 Full nutrition