Turkey with Dumplings Soup
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 303
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Saute carrots, celery, and onion for 10 minutes. Add 4 cups water, consomme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add turkey and beans to the vegetables. Cook for 5 minutes. Mix flour and Worcestershire sauce with remaining water in a bowl until smooth; stir into turkey mixture. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer soup until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- For the dumplings, combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in parsley and poultry seasoning. Combine milk and egg in a separate bowl; stir into flour mixture until just moistened. Drop mixture by tablespoons onto the simmering soup. Cover and simmer until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- May use 2 cups of leftover turkey stock/broth instead of beef broth.
- Substitute green beans with peas if desired.
Per Serving: 303 calories; 12.7 28.8 18 76 1161 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Very easy recipe to follow. I made some subtle changes only based on my personal preferences. I didn't add the carrots, green beans or peas because my wife doesn't like them, however, I'll proba...