Christmas Turkey Quiche
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 610
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch quiche)
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Cook turkey breast, flipping every few minutes, until nicely browned on the outside and no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a clean saute pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and jalapeno peppers. Cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and salt in a bowl. Cut in the lard until mixture is crumbly. Add iced water, a spoonful at time, stirring with a fork until dough comes together in a ball.
- Roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape it into 9-inch circle; transfer to a pie plate.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Spread onion-mushroom mixture over the bottom of the crust. Layer farmer's cheese on top. Cut turkey breast into small chunks and scatter over the cheese.
- Whisk remaining 1/2 cup all-purpose flour with eggs, milk, and baking powder until smooth. Pour over the filling.
- Bake until lightly browned on top and crust bounces back when lightly touched, 35 to 40 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use farmer's cheese if available.
Per Serving: 610 calories; 38.5 29.6 34.8 184 825 Full nutrition