Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 25 m servings 317
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute turkey, onions, and garlic in the butter until turkey is no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes.
- While turkey is cooking, combine chile peppers, cumin, oregano, salt, and cayenne in a slow cooker set to Low. Stir in hominy and 1 can black-eyed peas. Mash the other can of black-eyed peas with a fork and stir into the slow cooker along with the chicken broth. Stir in sauteed turkey and onions.
- Cook on Low until flavors combine, about 4 hours. Add cilantro just before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute chicken if you are not a turkey fan.
- I add some cornstarch to help thicken it like chili. Adding more mash helps as well.
Per Serving: 317 calories; 9.9 30.9 25.8 76 1212 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1