Best Tuna Noodle Casserole from Scratch
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 655
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil an ovenproof skillet and an 8x12-inch casserole dish.
- Place tuna in the prepared skillet and bake in the preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Fill a large saucepan with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Cook fettuccine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Remove tuna from the oven; leave oven on.
- Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and mushrooms until softened, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in flour until blended. Add milk, bouillon concentrate, adobo seasoning, and black pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes more. Remove sauce from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Place remaining butter in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave until melted, about 30 seconds. Stir bread crumbs into melted butter and set aside.
- Add cooked fettuccine and flaked tuna to the cheese sauce and toss to combine. Transfer noodle mixture to the prepared casserole dish and top with torn bread.
- Bake in the hot oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 655 calories; 25.1 72.5 35.8 96 564 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1