Roasted Butternut Squash and Fennel Soup with Citrus
11 made it | 0 reviews |
"Roasted butternut squash, fresh fennel, onions, and garlic are blended with spices, marmalade, and cream for a deliciously decadent soup that's the perfect starter for your holiday feast! My favorite way to garnish the soup is to whip up additional heavy cream until soft peaks form, then top each bowl with a small dollop. I then lightly drizzle each dollop with extra marmalade that's been melted in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 298
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine butternut squash, fennel, onion, and garlic on the baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and salt and toss until well combined.
- Roast vegetables in the preheated oven until soft and lightly browned, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Puree 1/2 of the vegetable mixture in a blender with 1/2 of the broth until smooth. Pour mixture into a large saucepan set over low heat. Puree the rest of the vegetables and broth; add to the saucepan.
- Stir in marmalade and pumpkin and heat through over low heat. Stir in cream before serving. Season with salt and pepper.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use a vegetable peeler to make peeling the squash easier.
- Instead of using a blender, you can combine the roasted vegetables and broth in a large saucepan and puree with an immersion blender.
- To make this vegan, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and coconut milk instead of heavy cream.
Per Serving: 298 calories; 14.8 42.1 4.3 31 1041 Full nutrition