Butternut Squash Salad with Feta Cheese and Caramelized Onions
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 342
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place butternut squash in a baking dish dish, cut-side down. Fill baking dish with 1/2 inch of water.
- Roast squash in the preheated oven until tender, 30 to 45 minutes. Add more water to the baking dish, if necessary, while roasting. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and caramelized, about 20 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of water to release the caramelized bits from the bottom of the skillet, if necessary.
- Meanwhile, place pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat and toast, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Once butternut squash is cool enough to handle, remove skin and dice into 1-inch pieces.
- Combine squash, caramelized onions, toasted pine nuts, feta cheese, mint, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Toss salad to combine all ingredients, then transfer to a serving bowl or platter. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to serve, if desired.
You might also like
Per Serving: 342 calories; 19 38.3 10.3 32 448 Full nutrition