Ingredients30 m servings 223
- Combine five-spice powder, paprika, salt, garlic, pepper, and mustard in a bowl. Rub over both sides of chicken.
- Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and five-spice powder in a bowl to create the glaze.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill chicken, covered, turning once, until lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Continue cooking, covered and turning and brushing with the glaze every 5 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the middle, an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Five-spice powder is a prepared seasoning that often includes star anise, cloves, cinnamon, fennel seeds, and pepper. It can be found in the spice or Asian food section of the grocery store.
Per Serving: 223 calories; 10.6 11 20.2 71 1267 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Great tasting recipe and definitely adding to my menu rotation. Update: I no longer have grilling weather. For those of you in the same boat, I did the following: baked in 400 degree oven for 20...
Made as written and these turned our great! The ginger was a little overpowering for me so I'd leave it out next time.
I made it for a party of 14, it was a big hit. It was simple to make and we paired it with the Best Fried Rice. This is definitely a keeper!
I really enjoyed this recipe. It tasted like a good autumn meal with the Chinese five spice powder. I halved the rub & glaze ingredients and used on just 2 chicken thighs. Will definitely mak...