Ingredients55 m servings 472
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan thoroughly.
- Blend butter and sugar with an electric mixer until combined and creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract; beat until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat again. Combine flour and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix until a ball of dough forms.
- Press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and light brown, about 20 minutes.
- Pour dulce de leche over the crust, trying to keep the edges mostly bare.
- Add coconut and pecans to the remaining dough and mix until incorporated. Crumble mixture over the dulce de leche, pressing it lightly over the top.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Cook's Note:
- Dough can also be made in a food processor.
Per Serving: 472 calories; 27.5 52.1 6.1 60 169 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Went by directions, WOW!! Very good, I made some with coconut some without. Both were very delicious. Will diffinbe making these again..
I could not use coconut, so just pecans mixed into remaining dough for topping, but these are delicious. I used home made Dulce De Leche and everyone loves them
The flavor of these bars is very good- perfect for holiday cookie trays! I followed the recipe other than toasting the coconut along with the pecans and pricking the shortbread before baking it...