Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 196
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 scones)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter using a pastry cutter. Mix in orange zest.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Whisk orange juice, egg, and vinegar together and pour into the flour mixture. Stir until moistened and sticky.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead gently about 10 times. Pat into a 6x8-inch rectangle. Cut rectangle into 4 squares; cut each square diagonally into 8 triangles. Arrange scones on the prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with milk and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Make the orange glaze while the scones are baking. Mix 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and orange juice until thick and smooth; glaze should drip slowly off the back of a spoon. Mix in orange zest.
- Dunk warm scones in the glaze to fully coat the tops. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you like less orange flavor, add less zest. If you want more orange flavor, add more.
Per Serving: 196 calories; 6.7 31 3.2 39 178 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1