Celery Root Soup with Croutons
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Celery soup is one of my favorite soups. This version is very thick; if you like a thinner soup, you can add some milk in the end."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 202
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a simmer, add celery root pieces, and simmer until soft, about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Place celery root in a blender and process until smooth. Transfer puree to a pot, add vegetable broth, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cream and cook until hot, but don't boil. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and toast bread cubes until dry and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with chopped parsley and croutons.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can garnish the soup with celery leaves instead of parsley.
Per Serving: 202 calories; 12.3 20.2 3.9 38 585 Full nutrition