Vegetable Samosas with Potatoes and Peas
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 219
Original recipe yields 10 servings (20 samosas)
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place peas in a microwave-safe bowl and cook in the microwave until heated through, 1 to 3 minutes. Set aside. Combine garam masala, salt, turmeric, and cayenne pepper in a bowl and set spice mixture aside.
- Mix flour and salt together in a bowl. Drizzle in oil and rub in using your fingers. Add about 6 tablespoons ice water and work it into the dough. Add additional ice water as necessary to create a firm dough. Knead for 1 to 2 minutes and put aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain potatoes. Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan. Add onion and ginger-garlic paste; cook and stir until onions are translucent and beginning to brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Add spice mixture and stir to combine. Add cooked potatoes and stir. Mash using a fork or potato masher to the desired consistency. Add cooked peas and lemon juice; mix filling until well combined.
- Knead dough and tear off approximately 10 equal-sized pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and roll each ball into a thin circle about 6 inches in diameter. Cut dough circles in half. Add a spoon of filling to each half-circle; use a finger dipped in water to wet the edges of the dough and press edges together using a fork to seal.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry samosas in the hot oil until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes each.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 219 calories; 9.9 28.2 3.9 12 522 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1