Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 432
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 large 9-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch pan with 2-inch sides and line the bottom with a round of parchment paper.
- Add butter pieces to the pan. Place in the preheating oven until melted. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Arrange sliced pears in a circular pattern over the butter and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Whisk graham flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, salt, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, oil, and honey in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat for 1 minute. Add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk; beat briefly after each addition.
- Pour batter carefully over the pears. Smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool cake for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack and peel off parchment paper. Allow to cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Graham flour is a coarsely ground whole wheat flour. I use the Bob's Red Mill® brand.
- If you don't have a 9-inch pan with 2-inch sides, fill your pan 3/4 of the way and bake any remaining batter as muffins.
Per Serving: 432 calories; 21.8 54.2 7.3 93 429 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1