The Best Chili
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 234
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat vegetable oil in a 6-quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Add ground venison and cook until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add bell peppers, carrots, and onion; cook until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Mix in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more. Stir in chili powder, salt, paprika, cumin, oregano, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix in tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add ale; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook until juices start to release, about 3 minutes. Pour in chicken broth, water, and molasses; stir to combine. Add beans and bay leaves.
- Bring chili to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until flavors blend, 30 to 45 minutes more. Taste, adjust seasonings, and discard bay leaves.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Any color bell pepper works in this.
- You can substitute whatever ground meat or beer you prefer.
Per Serving: 234 calories; 5.6 25.7 18.4 44 737 Full nutrition