Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 364
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9-inch baking pan)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square pan.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Rub in butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Mix in brown sugar and shape dough into a ball.
- Press dough into the prepared pan. Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine condensed milk, butter, and brown sugar in a nonstick saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until caramel comes to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until golden and pulling away from the sides of the pan, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour caramel over cooled crust and refrigerate until firm to the touch, about 1 hour.
- Place chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Spread melted chocolate over cooled caramel. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens, about 15 minutes. Cut into bars.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Make sure you cool the mixtures in between putting them together so they don't blend together. When you cut into bars, you should see the base, middle, and topping clearly.
Per Serving: 364 calories; 18.7 44.7 5.4 45 137 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1