Banoffee (Banana Toffee) Pie
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"An absolutely decadent banana-toffee pie, recreated after a trip to England. This is a fairly common dessert in Britain, with layers of banana, gooey caramel, and whipped cream on a graham crumb crust. It's very sweet, so a small piece goes a long way! The cooking time may seem long, but that is simply the condensed milk caramelizing on the stove. Top with chocolate curls if desired."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 20 m servings 459
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 pie)
- Place unopened can of condensed milk in a large pot; cover with water. Bring to boil; reduce to a simmer. Cover pot with lid and simmer for 3 hours to make the toffee, checking periodically to ensure the can is still immersed and adding more water as needed.
- Remove can from the pot and allow to cool until safe to handle. Rinse with cold running water for 10 minutes to speed up cooling.
- Open carefully and stir toffee until smooth. Spread toffee over the bottom of the prepared graham pie crust. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Layer sliced bananas on top of the toffee. Beat cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue to beat until fluffy. Spread whipped cream over bananas.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use 1 to 2 cans of condensed milk, depending on preferred thickness of toffee layer.
Per Serving: 459 calories; 22.9 60.2 6.2 57 245 Full nutrition